We launched My Lesfic in May 2017 and since then have built a small but dedicated list of lesbian fiction fans.
Here are some numbers:
- We currently have 2657 subscribers on the list (date 20/09) with an open rate of 48% and a click rate of 15%
- Based on the numbers we can track directly (actual numbers are probably slightly higher), average sales (*) for a My LesFic (MLF) listing are (Amazon US & UK only):
- 27 sales on Amazon US
- 15 sales on Amazon UK
The net cost for a listing is much lower than you might expect
A listing costs 19USD
If you discount to 0.99USD (which we recommend), you need to sell 55 books to break even (because you get 0.35USD per sale)
An average listing on MLF generates 27 sales on Amazon US + 15 sales on Amazon UK = 42 sales + plus let’s say (conservatively) 3 more sales on other stores.
This adds up to 45 sales per MLF listing
But let’s round that down to 15USD
19-15 = 4USD >> the average net cost for an MLF listing
But that’s not all!
What’s not reflected in these numbers is:
- The increased visibility on Amazon
- The page reads in KU (if your book is enrolled)
- The sell-through if your book is in a series
- The sell-through to your other books if the reader enjoyed your discounted book
- A potential sign up to your own mailing list
- A potential new fan
All of this for under 5USD!
We also offer bulk rates so you can get 10 listings for 160USD (so 16USD per listing). (Please contact us if you’re interested in purchasing a bulk package.)
For a new author who has almost no marketing budget a My LesFic listing can be such great value!
Personally, I (Harper Bliss) use MLF when I have a BookBub to boost my Amazon sales rank before the BookBub listing goes out. This makes my discounted book a bit more ‘sticky’ in the Amazon rankings.
This is my go-to process whenever I can get a BookBub:
- My Lesfic
- My own mailing list
This has proven to be quite the amazing combination!
(*) These are average numbers. Please note that not all books sell the same number of copies and your experience may be different.